December 30, 2009

You know you want to.....

Here I go again!
I decided to do yet another half marathon. One would think that I'm becoming better at these or even less scared...not so! I did two last year, "See Jane Run" and "Prison Break" out of the two the "See Jane Run" was by far my favorite. It's an all women race, flat course, and totally motivational! The only problem with last years, was that I did it alone. My first half marathon Julie Arffman did with me and she was so great! I'm sure she could have run/skipped circles around me but she stayed with me and helped me get through it. I feel so totally amazing (also VERY sore) when I'm training, I have to admit it has turned into my favorite part. The feeling of accomplishing something everyday is an awesome boost. I found a couple of options out there and I'm sure that there are lots more. I want to do it around May or June so I have time to train for it.

SO.... any takers?





See Jane Run
June 19th 2010
Boise ID
http://www.seejanerun.com/t-See-Jane-Run-BOISE-Half-Marathon-and-5K.aspx

or

Bear Lake Half
June 12th
Garden City UT
http://www.mammothmarathons.org/bl/bl.html

or


Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon
June 26th
Seattle WA
(this one would be SO COOL!) 
http://seattle.competitor.com/?l=top


5 comments:

jon and lori said...

hey I would love to do a race with you. I have to check dates to see if they will work. I am running a race at the end of March at Salt Lake City/antelope island. called the buffalo run, around 15 miles. I know it is a far drive for you, but it would be fun. i'll let u know about the other races:) lata

Unknown said...

oh that is just not enough time for my to train after the baby comes. I was looking into the Bear Lake run. That would have been super fun. Far for you. I am watching for fall 1/2 marathons. So I can train mid-June until the race. GOOD LUCK! I love it!

Kate Larsen said...

I'm almost ready to commit. Email me your training schedule. I've been on that stinking treadmill every day (twice yesterday...)

Carling Family said...

I really would love to do one. I think the one that would be so cool is the one in Ut. Can you e-mail me the training schedule? Miss you guys and I am sad I didn't get to see you over the holiday's!

Amy Springen said...

I'm in lady! I promise I won't let you down this year!!!