October 26, 2008

I Survived!

Well....

I survived! Justin, the kids and I drove to Boise on Friday afternoon and meet up with Julie (Call) Arfmann and my parents at a YUMMY Italian restaurant, us girls got all our carbs in! (good excuse right???) Justin surprised me by renting a hotel and had my mom and dad watch Cade and his mom and Shaun (Justins brother) watch Cooper. Ahhh the night all to ourselves! He is so great! We defiantly enjoyed our night alone and I was planning on this nice peaceful nights rest until I kept myself up by thinking "ok Chy you need to fall asleep quick because its an hour earlier here"...well I did that until 2am! All in all it was an awesome night thanks Billie Jean, mom, dad, and of course Justin!



As for the race it was killer I wont lie but TOTALLY WORTH IT! Julie is so great, best person I can think of to do this with....SERIOUSLY. I mean that Jules thanks;0)

Erinn, Michele, and me


Julie and I before the race



uhmmmm... wonder if this guy escaped from the prison?Dawn Blanchards twins and hubby, she was waiting in line at the pottys and we didn't get a picture with her before the race everything went kinda fast and we never got to see her after it started ;(
So glad you came Dawn!
My cousins wife Melanie also came with us and we TOTALLY dropped the ball on that one.... yep no pictures, she did AWESOME considering that she joined the bandwagon like a month ago and had little training time, I was DEFIANTLY IMPRESSED, you did awesome Mel!!!before the race checkin' out the race stuff in the tentsThey did some cool fly overs right before the race Cade apparently was NOT a fan of that ;(The prison siren started and here we go!Coop waiting to give us a hi-5It was AWESOME we had our very own paparazzi! Justin, his mom, my parents, and the kiddos drove by every 2 miles or so cheering us on! It was great and helped so much, thanks guys your the best!!! hummmm what happened to the picture of us both picking our wedgies at the same time???:) We though it was funny, there is just not any great under ware for things like this;0)Around mile 10 Julie started to kick my can, no surprise to me I was just glad I had kept up with her until then! You go Julie make us proud!!!One of the water stops. The prison dudes so kindly cheered us on! A MUCH needed water break right before a BIG hill at around mile 12 ehhh... notice me and that girl looking ahead with such excitement ;-/Julie finishing... that girl is ALL WOMEN!Julies time!Then there is me 5 min later and my cute Coop man wanted to finish with me, I love him!My time.... not bad my goal was around 2:20Right after stretchingOh.. you want us to stand up straight??? we can do that, I think... can we do that Julie?Kidding only kidding, we were TOUGH AS NAILS!All my AWESOME supporters!The after race lunch at Joe's Crab Shack...mmmmmAnd of course some cute pictures of my boys after the drive home from Boise tonightThe End...

until the next half!

you in ??? :0)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chy! Can I tell you how much fun that was! Seriously now, I want everyone to know that you were the running machine out there! You totally set the pace and I just tried to keep up! I don't know how you are feeling today, but, I definitely have thought twice before going up or down any stairs...or even a curb...yikes, my quads! Still worth it...sign me up for the next race! We need to wear matching outfits next time... ha ha... I'm serious!
Love, Jules

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah... Tell the "Paparazzi" Thanks a ton! That really helped a lot!
Jules

Ashley said...

Good JOB Chy, I am so impressed by you seriously. Was it way easier without a stroller?
I am glad you had family there. Are you sick of me bailing out on you? I was looking forward to being there as you crossed the finish line, but Nolans Grandpa passed away and we have been trying to figure out his trip and everything, so things get pushed back. I wish I could have seen you though, someday maybe our lives will settle down here a bit and we can get together. I would love to be in for the next half, but 3 miles is pretty much my limit. GOOD JOB AGAIN, that's an awesome time.

Beckie said...

Chy you are an animal!! That is soo awesome! In honor of you on Saturday -- I was going to run 2 miles-- yup I made it to 1.5 and about died-- but Sunday me and my goat and dog -- took a run -- and we almost made the 2! I about killed the goat! But I did think about you and cheered you on from IF!

Looks like tons of fun!! Not so sure yet!
Luv ya!

Mindy said...

You are amazing! And, you look great! How much have you lost so far? (I'm trying to find a good excuse to run)

Carling Family said...

Way to go Chy! I am so proud of you and Jules. Your pictures looked so cute. That was so nice of your hubby to suprise you with a room.

Amy said...

Chy way to go good job! I would love to get together with you guys.We would love to have you over for dinner on tuesday we also have our church trunk treat that night as well if want to come. I will email you my number and give me a ring. We have a fun place called jump and bounce we could take the kids they would love it!

Stephens Family said...

You are SO totally cool!!!!!!!! And how very cute for the fam to come and be your cheering squad. And a night in a hotel...that will pump anyone up! ; ) Ah, I had to go there! Good job chica!!

Unknown said...

Hey Chy,
You are awesome!! Holy Crap, I could never do that. (well not never but I would have to have a really good incentive at the end. lol
thanks for inviting me into your face book. check out my blog at wassomfam02.blogspot.com
good to hear from you.

Amy said...

WAY TO GO CHY! (and Justin :) ) pretty great that he surprised you with a night alone...I'm so jealous of that right now. Our anniversary is tomorrow and Ben is working in Driggs all week...bummer. I am giving you a huge high 5 right now for finishing before your goal time!

The Sommer Family said...

Go Chy! I saw Julie at the store today and she said you did great. You totally look great too! I am so proud you did it! So are you going to keep running and how many miles a day...just curious. Talk to you soon. Love, Steph

Ryan and Krystal said...

Chy you are awesome! How fun to have your family and friends there. I admir your dedication. You look so cute!

Kate Larsen said...

Chy--Wanted to post my congrats, too. You are amazing. I hope all is well--send me an email when you get time. Love, Kate