August 28, 2008

A little advice please!

A couple of questions for all the blog readers

#1 Cooper as you might remember has a small teeth problem and they have not really bothered him until this morning while he was eating his waffle with syrup. Well to say the least the poor little guy is REALLY hurting, I've given him Anbesol and pain reliever but he is still hurting and we don't go in to get them fixed until Sept. 10th ...ehhhh. When I say fixed I mean going to the hospital and putting him OUT so they can fix ALL his teeth, I'm not real excited about this but I also don't want him to be traumatized by the dentist when he is 3, I also don't want him in pain over several months while we make return visits to fix each problem individually. So we decided to have him put out under general anesthesia and fix them all at once, for that price I could have also delivered a stinkin baby... but I'm not bitter:) SOOO what I'm getting at is, does anyone have any good toothache remedy's???? Anything.

#2 Justin and I have decided WE WILL GET OUT OF DEBT AND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE you know student loans, more student loans, unpaid internships (stingy doctors) we are young lets get it done! We just finished a great book "The Four Laws of Debt Free Prosperity" by Blain Harris an Charles Coonradt, AWESOME book I totally recommend it for everyone!!! Any way we have decided we either need to move to Dayton which is closer to Justin's work and we will save$700 bucks a month in gas and rent alone, or I have proposed to the guy that owns our town homes to property manage them (he's a real winner) and we would be saving the same amount and possibly more because we think he is building more units across the street, all without having to move...AGAIN. We really love our ward and our friends here in Walla Walla, and Dayton is known as the dying ward (we've been there its not a lie) they don't even have a nursery.. no little kids. Although every time we are there everyone is SO EXCITED that we might move and I have a feeling with time I would like it there, hopefully. Rick (the guy who owns our town home) is a little slow to get back to people, ex. my fan, doorbell, back screen door...ect. ect. have been broken from when we moved in last January and the town homes are BRAND NEW, ya get the idea. He has told me twice that he will stop by to discuss all the details such as what % I want and cleaning and filling vacant unit fees. Well he has stiffed me twice now and I'm getting sick of waiting. the home rental in Dayton is available in the middle of Sept. (which are super hard to come by) and we NEED TO MAKE A DECISION.. I'm getting a little impatient, can you tell? I either need to get packing (like NOW!) or get comfortable. Soooo do I wait for good old Rick, or do I give him my notice and hit the road? The WHOLE town knows Rick and from what I understand he's a real dirt bag, so I keep asking myself do I really want to work with this guy?? It would be nice to be closer to Justin's work, we could see him at lunch and he wouldn't have to drive 28mi. every morning. BUT... Dayton, do you remember that post? It's a cute quaint little town but its LITTLE. SERIOUSLY, no Walmart, no McDonald's, no nothing. What would you do?

18 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh Cooper, poor kid. I have horrible teeth, but the only remedy for not hurting them when I have a cavity is eating things that don't require a ton of chewing, and of course less sugar the better. I hope September 10th comes fast for you. Whatever you choose for the move we'll keep in touch with you guys. And if you have to do a quick move all of the sudden we are experts in the field of packing and moving within a 3 day period. I'd try Rick one more time because of course I want you to stay here the most. If he is horrible to work with, Amy and I will be here to help you! Don't leave us Jorgensens!!!

Amy said...

Poor little Cooper hope he gets to feeling better the only thing I know is tylenol. As far as getting out of debt Kevin and I are huge Dave Ramsy Fans he is a chirsten talk show host on money and has few books out there that give step by step instructions to getting out of debt. Hope things work out with the whole house situation thats a hard choice to make. But I am sure you will make the right one. GOOD LUCK!

Amy said...

Wow! I'm sorry about all the teeth trauma! I was really lucky with my boys, so I'm not sure how to help with that one...maybe switch with orajel and anbesol and with tylenol and ipbrofen(sp) Just find what seems to make him the most comfortable. As far as moving, the other town sounds rough, but I think Rick has kinda shown you how he works. Ben and I are in the same boat with the debt thing, amazing how fast in sneaks up on you,eh? I guess try rick once more, but if he doesn't get back to you....you may want to move, as big of a bummer that is, it may be what you have to do for right now...things will always work out.

Amy Springen said...

You CAN'T LEAVE me!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie said...

That doesn't sound fun at all with your little one! Ouch!! Debt sucks, especially medical bills. Good luck and hopefully you don't have to move to an itty bitty little town!

Janae said...

From the sounds of your last sentence, that sounds like a solution to a debt fix. No McD's, no Walmart? I'd save a ton right there alone! :0) How far are the nearest stores from Dayton? I'm all for having the hubby home more too and as far as working with jerk's as bosses...not fun. I worked with one for almost 9 years and I kept sticking it out because he'd have his nice guy moments, but now I look back and he really was a jerk. SOO glad to be done with that! For the teeth fix for Cooper, try mixing Maalox and Benadryl..equal parts, 3/4 tsp. Have him swish it in his mouth and then drink it. It's kind of nasty, but it coats the mouth and teeth for a while. Might help..worth a try. Good Luck!

Brad, Adrienne, McKenna, Bryn, and Lauren said...

Chy, Brad says you need to call his dentis now! If it is hurting then the cavity has gone to the root and it could be root canal time.Give him a dose of Tylenol and Motrin at the same time and then alternate (4 hours give him Tylenol and 4 hours after that Motrin). Well I am still taking out insane amounts of student loans so I will ask you in two years the best way to get out.

Amy said...

so this has nothing to do with your post...do you keep in touch with Brandi Steed anymore? Mom just told me she is prego with baby #4!!! the oldest is 4. Crazy eh?

Anonymous said...

Hey Chy!
I am really excited for the half marathon. Do you know of anyone else who is going to do it? Are you already signed up? I am trying to recruit some more people... I have a few maybe's. Good Luck with Cooper.
Jules

Anonymous said...

Today I casually jogged/walked 4 miles...it took me 50 minutes (that is not so good)(but I enjoyed myself:). So, I've got to kick it up a notch, but really, I just want to have fun with it. I'm glad that you told me about the hills, I might need to do a little training for that. You rock!
Jules

Ryan and Krystal said...

Hey Chy! So sad about Cooper...Sorry I don't have any good ideas for that. I should ask my mom...she is a RN. As for your moving situation...Sounds like the owner of your current place is a ding dong! I would probably move...even though moving SUCKS! Ryan is ready to sell our house in the spring and start our next house but I am trying to hold him back. Packing and moving seriously wears me out!(and I don't even have kids) :) Good luck with everything. Let me know how things are going....

-Krystal

Clyde Family said...

We live in a very small town. no walmart or no food places. I can drive to othello that is 15 to 20 min away or go to tri-cities and that is a 35-45 min depending on where we are going. I HATED it at first and now i love it. Don't tell my husband. I love that my husband is right here and that i don't spend alot of money other then Costco. I go there at least once a month and i have to fridges.haha i hope it all works out. my huband just said that Dayton has nothing too. LIfe in no mans land. we do need to get together. kids and all....

Mindy said...

So, for bootcamp today we had to run a mile outside. A real mile- not on the treadmil. my time was 9:12, but I didn't stop! :) Just thought I'd tell you you're awesome and I can't even IMAGINE doing a half marathon. I almost cried when they told us we were running the mile.

Mindy said...

Ya, bootcamp is at the apple and it's KILLER! It has been free until this month- now it's $100 bucks a month. I would have never paid that much, but since the middle of June I've lost about 14 pounds so I've decided to stick with it just through September. On Friday they are going to do a body fat analysis..Ugg.

Play group doesn't exist (unless they just don't call me!) Definatly call me and we can hang by ourselves if nobody else wants to come!

Mindy Barker said...

If it's taking that long to get a hold of Rick, I'd forget it. You don't want to do business with a guy who sounds like he's pretty irresponsible. Plus, if he has the reputation of being a dirtbag, you might end up getting screwed somehow. I'd pack your bags. What happened to Cooper's teeth? Should I be doing something with Zander besides brushing them to prevent whatever Cooper has? Let me know. As far as remedies, no clue. I've used just what you said you've tried already. We will keep him in our prayers. Toothaches really hurt.

Carling Family said...

So sorry to hear the nightmare that Cooper has to go through. You are smart to have him out. My advice to you is to forget about Rick because you have heard nothing good about him. Plus I am all about being as close to your husband as possible. You would save alot of money that way. You could go to lunch together on occasion. I am sure you will make the right call. You should call me when you are driving through Boise if you have time. I would love to see you.

Mindy Barker said...

We will be in idaho on Sept. 12, 13, and 14. Now when are you going? I really appreciate you doing the vinyl for me. Let me know what day you will be dropping it off at my moms so I can make sure someone will be there to give you the fragrance unit. They are in California right now but my sister-in-law works there and she could answer the door. Just let me know a time. My sister lives next door too so if no one is home you could go there. That stinks about Coop's teeth. I always have cavities. But as I get older they are getting less and less thank goodness. Let me know about the drop off. Thanks Chy.

Stephens Family said...

Ah, being a grown-up and having to make such important decisions totally sucks sometimes! It sounds to me like this Rick fellow isn't the sharpest pencil in the drawer and that may be a constant headache that you don't need. Being close to work would be nice for you and Justin, but like you said, can you live in Dayton. Hmmm. I guess, if it were me, I would seriously make a list. Pros, cons...benefits, downfalls. But knowing you and Justin, whatever you decide you will make it work and things will be fine! As far as the teeth thing...what is wrong with them? Sorry, I don't know the details on that. I know for Dylan and his teething (mollars AH!) the teething tablets paired with some motrin does wonders! You can get the teething tablets at any pharmacy. I don't know if that is even what he would need for what is issue is but...or call your peditrician and see if you can get some tylenol with coedine or something that is stronger than just plain tylenol. Good luck my dear!!