October 13, 2013

Sooo, yeah. It's been a while

Sadly, these pictures are already a YEAR old. 
But they are beautiful (at least their mommy thinks so).
On that note, I am totally short on time so I'm going to post the talk I gave in sacrament today at my LDS church at the bottom of these pics. 

In other news.
My Mother-In-Law is here for a weeks.
(insert happy dance here!!)
She ROCKS.
We are buying a house...
yes ANOTHER house..lol
~ long story~ different post.
Oh, yeah and I opened a AWESOME boutique with some of the most amazing women on the planet. 
No biggs.
Check out the ^awesomeness^ when you get a chance
 



















October Conference 2013 Talk
Elder Russell M. Nelson spoke on the “Decisions for Eternity”

Something he said really spoke to me. He said:
“Stellar spirits are often housed in imperfect bodies.11 The gift of such a body can actually strengthen a family as parents and siblings willingly build their lives around that child born with special needs.”

A couple of months ago my aunt Rita passed away. Rita was born with Down syndrome. My father is 2 years younger than Rita.

 I want to tell you a quick story about Rita:
Many years ago when my Dad was in high school he was driving his little car in West Yellowstone, when it broke down. He called his parents for help and up they came with Rita to tow him home. After his father hooked the tow rope up to my dad’s car it had quite a long end, so my grandma handed it to Rita through the window of the station wagon and told her to hold on to it so she could help get brother John (my dad) home. When they arrived in the drive way in Idaho Falls everyone began unloading. When my grandma, went to help Rita out, her little hands still had a death grip on the rope. They were not just red they were deathly white from griping the rope the entire way home. Her comment was “I got him home mom.” As they tried to get her to release her hands from the rope it was very difficult. They were clenched so tight they were only able to open them one finger at a time, and it was hours before she could move them normally. 

Not once did she say one word about being uncomfortable.

Not once did she complain.

In her sweet perfect little mind she was towing him home and she would do it no matter what. 

During times of trial in my life, I often think of Rita, and her Christ like love and concern for those around her. About 6 years ago Justin and I moved to a very small town in WA. I was NOT happy about moving but I KNEW it was where the Lord wanted us. Our very first Sunday as we walked into church for the first time we were greeted by 2 little old ladies with warm bear hugs saying how much they had been praying and fasting for us to move there. I remember looking at Justin thinking “what have we gotten ourselves into!”. No pressure right!?!!? 
Living 10.5 hours away in the small town of Dayton Washington was one of the hardest times in my life hands down, but looking back I would not trade it for the world. My Savior gave me the opportunity to learn from and meet some of the most amazing people. I know I was placed in that itty bitty small town for a reason and it was not for me to “teach” that town anything, it was so that town could teach me.

It’s funny how the Lord works. He knows what we NEED, he also KNOWS that most of the time what we need- WILL be hard, and above all he LOVES us unconditionally. 

I can truthfully say that during that time Justin and I held on to the Lord with that white knuckle grip. Unlike Rita I complained along the way and wanted to let go of my rope once in a while. But because of her example in my life (along with many others) and the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I had the strength to grab hold of the Gospel principals and hold tight to my faith.

I have spent a lot of time this week thinking about what I learned from conference and what I wanted to share. I kept coming back to Elder Holland’s talk "Like a Broken Vessel” (check it out HERE) it made me thing of this amazing blog post that I read back in 2012 by Kathryn Thompson: HERE (if you have not read this, DO IT. NOWish!)

I would like to close my talk with this scripture:
 (Alma 37:6) “Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.”
  
Remember the tiny drops.
 
Go forth.

Look up.

And be awesome.

Loves~ Chy



No comments: