October 31, 2010

A REALLY bad scare and First day of church {Happy Halloween!!!}

We had a REALLY bad scare on Ava's 4 day doctor apt. everything was going great until the Dr. found five little spots on the back of Ava's throat. The doctor was VERY concerned and got 3 others doctors in to check her out (I was a little scared now) They were taking pictures and everything! FINALLY they told me that they thought it was a herpes virus. IF it was that, then we would have to take her to Spokane and put her in the hospital for 21 days, get a spinal tap, etc, etc.....I WAS FREAKING OUT. They took some samples and sent them to the lab, we had to wait 48-72 hours to get the results. When I got home I googled it and found out the the death rate for this was 70% and most of the babies come out with severe brain damage (Again MORE FREAKING OUT!). We gave her a blessing and just prayed for the best. She was acting perfect, eating, sleeping, pooping all the normal baby stuff. She has been WAY better then my boys ever were. On Thursday night we got a call from the Doctor and he said that the test was NEGATIVE!!! WOW what a blessing. My doctor did a lot of research (he was awesome!) and found an article from 1954 that explained what she has. Apparently when baby is in mommy she has all of Mommy's estrogen, when baby is delivered and the cord is cut so is all that estrogen and sometimes it manifests itself with sores on the back of the throat {clearly my explanation not the doctors;)}. The sores just go away in a couple of weeks. To say the least we had a VERY stressful week but we feel SO BLESSED that it ended the way it did. We LOVE our little Ava and already cant imagine life without her!
{Ava's first day of church}

I just LOVE her little fuzzy boots!

Again we are so glad she is healthy and we feel so blessed to have her!
{she is my little angel}


8 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh Chy, I was tearing up as I read this. Definitely so scary, but I'm glad everything is good! Phew, please let me help in any way with kids. If you need me to come out there whatever, I am thinking of you lots.

Amy said...

Chy that is so scary I am so glad she is healthy. I love her dress she looks so cute and hope your feeling good. Just know if you ever have to come to Spokane you have a place to stay. Hope you had a great Halloween.

Laura Lou said...

SUCH a scary experience! What a blessing that it all turned out okay. The Lord knew you needed a good doctor here. It sure helps you appreciate a healthy baby, doesn't it? I love that little Ava and I'm so relieved she is so healthy and happy. Plus, soooo glad your folks were there to lean on! Prayers & Priesthood blessings truly work!!

Beckie said...

Whew- that is super scary!! Not fun at all!! But she is soo cute all dolled up- you are brave takingher to church!!!

The Halls said...

How scary! I'm so glad it all turned out fine. I am grateful when the doctors take all precautions, though, with these little ones. We had a scare with Abe, too and it's so much better to be safe than sorry. She is so cute...she looks like she belongs to you guys!

Kate Larsen said...

What a relief! I'm so glad she's okay. (still jealous.) Love you guys!

Beckie said...

Happy Birthday Chy!!

Carling Family said...

Wow Chy what a scare! I am so glad everything is ok! She looks so beautiful in her church dress. I hope you had a good birthday and what a relief to have Ava healthy!