February 28, 2010

Coop's first "practice" wrestling tournament


On Saturday Cooper had a "practice" wrestling tournament. Just to get all the wrestlers ready for the real deal. It was so cute to watch his face change when he weighed in and saw all the other wrestlers, he had that "I'm SO COOL" look on his face.

We can't decide if he loves or hates wrestling it changes from day to day. For now we will just let him enjoy it and learn the concept of working hard, winning and losing and how to react to it. I will say that watching your 5 year old brings out LOTS of emotions: Laughing so hard I need to pee, wanting to rip the other little boys hands off my kid, wanting to rip my kids hands off the other poor little kid, proud, worried, I could go on and on but it's definitely entertaining to say the very least!

{All the Waitsburg Mat Birds}

This is how Cade feels about Tournaments =(

After about the first half hour all he did was cry and say "go home!" Next month wont be fun, we have a tournament EVERY WEEKEND!

4 comments:

Amy said...

How fun to be wrestling! Let the sports begin for you family I am sure you have a lot of years of this to come. So Fun.

Ashley said...

Oh man the next time we may just have to watch Cade, he looks traumatized! haha, Cooper looks like he is doing well though, I can only imagine the roller coaster of emotions while watching him though. We love the weather there too. All winter I have been like, "This isn't real, it's going to get bad soon right?" Nope it was always just right for me.

Mindy said...

And so it starts...Our first tournament is next weekend. I begged the boys not to wrestle this year, but they insisted. Wrestling definitely brings out the worst in me as a parent. It's like dog fighting except it's with your kid. Both sets of parents take their kids out on the mat to try and dominate the other kid. CRAZY! :) That being said, Cooper looks like he's got it figured out! Too cute! ;)

NICKY PETERSON said...

he looks like he has the hang of it!! i'm not sure i would like wrestling at that age either way to many emotions on the mom part!! good luck