February 21, 2009

I'm sick of the crap...literally!


For those of you who live away from family I'm sure you know where I'm coming from. I got sick Thursday, not fun stuff you know the yucky flu. It's NEVER fun when you still have to be mom cuz who takes care of mom???? Well of course the same morning Cooper looked like he was getting PINK EYE! What the.... we are clean people I promise. Anyway, I called to make him an appointment and then realized about an hour later that I just did not feel good enough to drive clear to Walla Walla with 2 little boys, so I called back and canceled. Thursday night Cade woke up screaming AND barfing...ehhhh. ALL NIGHT and 4 loads of laundry later (remember I'm still sick) poor little man was dry heaving and there was just nothing in him :0( Friday morning Cade and I were laying on the living room floor watching cartoons and being sick. Cooper on the other hand was ready to do something, ANYTHING. He disappeared for about 20min and suddenly started yelling "MOM! MOM!" oh crap I though he was sick too. I go running into his room to find it spotless! He cleaned it and was SO PROUD I was very impressed he actually did a really good job. He said "now Can I have money for my money jar so we can go to the "BIG" Walla Walla store (aka Walmart) and get Grave Digger (the monster truck he is in LOVE with) . Next thing you know I'm packing all of us into the van and I'm driving to Walla Walla thinking "stupid, stupid, stupid" the whole time. Poor little Cade moaned the whole way there. Cooper was SO EXCITED I didn't have the heart to turn around. We barley made it into the Walmart parking lot and Cade threw up ALL OVER... everywhere. I did my best to clean him up cuz I was not about to go home I had just drove 40min to get HERE! We went in and the entire time I was praying that Cade could keep it together long enough until we got out. We made it! Then I had to put him back in that filthy car seat (I tried to clean it with wipes) once he was all strapped in he had the blow out of all blow outs. I was ready to walk home! I did my best to clean it AGAIN with wipes, drove like crazy back to Dayton and continued to be sick the rest of the day. Coop was happy though :0)

This morning things were looking up, Cade was a little more "Cade like" and I felt a lot better. We decided to go to Tri Cities to get grocery's (we do that every other week) everything was going great until on the way home... yep you guessed it BLOW OUT even bigger this time. Honestly I don't even know how it was possible I'll spare the details. After about a 20min clean up and Justin hanging out the window of the van (wimp) we left a pile of diapers and wipes the size of a large trash bag on the road (TRUST ME YOU WOULD HAVE LEFT IT TOO! don't judge) I got home and had to clean the van, take apart the car seat and wash it (we all know how fun that is) only to find that one of Cades bottles was cracked and got left in his crib...soaking wet with spoiled milk! Yep yet ANOTHER load of wash! I'm curious what my utility bill will look like this month? IT WAS A GOOD DAY...not really :0/

Looking forward to tomorrow... if I even smell poop I'M LEAVING CHURCH AND GOING STRAIGHT HOME FOR A LONG NAP:0) Serious. Good luck Justin:0) hee hee!


On Justin's behalf he did try to help, he just cant hang with barf or poop...lucky me.

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

So sad! I know, I hate getting sick with no family around... thank goodness for washing machines though huh.

Mindy said...

I'm so sorry! Wish there was something I could do to help!!

Woods: said...

Oh Chy! That is miserable! Motherhood is so glamorous! :) Hopefully your week goes a lot better! Joy in the Journey...even if it is poopy and barfy sometimes! :)

Laura Lou said...

Yucko!! Why, oh, why???? Soo sorry, how miserable that must have been. Even though we have all been there, done that, it doesn't make it any easier. Horrific weekend! I'm so glad Cooper got grave digger but honestly girl, next time call me. I could have taken him, or helped out in some way. . . So, why didn't you want to get together Saturday night??? :-0)

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh CHY! I have never had such bad sick experiences! KNOCK ON WOOD> I wish I would have been in town to get Coopers toy and I could have driven it to yoU! Ugh, I hope this week you all get lots of sleep and relaxation.

Amy said...

That stinks. I hope you got a good nap today. Living far from family when you really need someone is so hard wish I could of helped. Your always welcome up here for a get away if you need one.

Beckie said...

ooh I'm soo sorry -- just reading it makes me want to cry and puke! You are a trooper driving -- or going any where! What a good mommy! I hope you are now feeling tons better! If not-- well -- stay home and cover you and the kids in plastic! I saw it on John and Kate + 8-- her kids were sick and she made them beds in the laundry room-- so she didn't have to clean! Hehehe!

Amy said...

Chy...I'm so sorry! I have trained my kids to use a puke bucket(ice cream bucket) and its heaven sent! I know keep one in my car at all times and have had a few times that I'm glad I did. I'm sorry Justin isn't much help to you, that makes it even harder :) Just know that I'm sure you made Coopers day, and he may try to clean his room more:)

Carling Family said...

Wow that was just exhausting to read. I hope your days have gotten a little easier. It does suck not being by family. You are a Super Mom! Wish I would have been there to help you out. Way to go Coop on making mom's day a little easier with cleaning your room.

Bladers said...

Okay Chy I feel for you, I really do but this post was hillarious. Probably because I can totally relate!! You are such a good mom to brave Walmart when your sick! I'm glad to hear your all feeling better!! Love Tara

Stephens Family said...

EEEEEEEH, yucky!! Hope you are all feeling a bit better. No sick days for Mom. This is why we should get paid. I am not sure who would pay us, the government...they can just tack that onto their bailout plan...

Ashley said...

okay I didn't get your text,but we don't have text anyways. I'll call you tomorrow so we can do lunch. It'd be awesome to see you, and if you want Cooper and Cade are welcome to hang out here! We should be here until middle of march. WAHOO!

NICKY PETERSON said...

HOLY CRAP that sucks! you need some nausea suppositories for cade they really do help when they won't stop pucking. I know how Justin feels cause when i was first pregnant my kids got the stomach flu and i couldn't handle it luckily Brad was really good about it. Take care and I hope you start to feel better!