November 05, 2008

Birthday wishes...

Yesterday was my birthday and it got off to a rough start...Justin came into the bedroom and gave me a kiss goodbye before he left for work and ... no Happy Birthday...nothing. Yes my husband FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY! Most of the morning I tried to convince myself that I was not mad and he had a lot on his mind (which he did, he had to fire someone and he HATES to do that, I don't blame him) but around noon I WAS MAD! I CALLED HIM at ask how it went that morning (the firing) and he just went on talking as usual before we hung up I said hey you MIGHT be forgetting something IMPORTANT today, just though you might want to think about it. Long pause..... Justin " I didn't forget, Happy Birthday" me "yeah right you forgot!" Justin "no I didn't" (in a shaky voice) Well a couple of hours later I got flowers delivered. They were beautiful yes but I was having a hard time forgiving him. Side note: 2 years ago he made me this huge banner that said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY I LOVE YOU!!!" on the 3rd.... my birthday is the 4th. That year I just thought it was cute and I got to make fun of him for a year after that for doing it a day before my birthday, this year not so funny.
He called like 3 times to ask how my day was going (deep down I'm laughing because I KNOW he is trying to dig out of his hole) I got an email from one of the girls he works with saying you better not let him off the hook that easy for this one. So between me and the lady's at work he was IN TROUBLE! ha ha so glad I have those lady's to back me up! He came home EARLY which he never does he is super strict with utilizing EVERY HOUR at work. He gave me a BIG hug and said we have to get the kids ready. I said why? He had made reservations at a NICE restaurant AND got a babysitter! I was starting to soften up a LITTLE now. Dinner was AWESOME...really sooo good! He was totally forgiven by the end of the night, only because I knew how bad he felt and how much crap the lady's at work had given him. One of the lady's asked him when he was walking out of the office " are you going to buy a shovel?" confused he asked "what?" she said "to dig yourself out of the HUGE hole your in!" The whole office was laughing!!! All in all at the end of the day is was a great birthday and thanks to everyone who called or emailed a "happy birthday!"
On to my random thoughts for the day if you care....
I wanted to put some vinyl words on these plates in my kitchen , but have no idea what????
Any ideas. This monkey is in Cades room above his crib and I want to put a cute phrase next to it.
Again any ideas.

Same thing with Coopers room, any ideas????

And last but not least, you all probably know this but I have always tried new stuff with my hair and other day I had my hair like this. this lady at Coopers preschool asked my how I did it so I was telling her and then she said "thanks I want to try it on my daughters hair".....
Is there an unwritten rule that when you get older you should not do the same stuff to your hair as you did in high school???? Do I need to just do the normal stuff??? PLEASE be truthful I don't want to look like a nerd around all the other moms, just say "Chy you need to grow up" ;0)






16 comments:

Jake and Krista said...

I'm glad it ended up being a good birthday! I take my birthday very seriously...last year, everyone-Jake's whole family, all my siblings(even the one that lives in Singapore) called me and my parents didn't call till like 9 that night. I was sure that they had forgotten, though they insist they didn't!

YOur hair is way cute. I have recently done a braid thing like that in my hair! I think we're still young enough to look trendy!!

Mindy said...

Your hair is super cute! If I wasn't retarded when it comes to hair I would totally do it to my hair! But, I would do it to Jordy's, too.

Your flowers were beautiful! I would think it was worth it for all the extra attention you got..but that's just me! This year Roudy would have forgot our anniversary, but my mom called and reminded him. I actually wanted him to forget so I could milk that for a while......

Amy said...

Totally get the bday thing. Ben went to Driggs again so I really didn't get any special attention...he so owes me, our annivesary is the 28th of october and he was in driggs then as well! I'm glad you let Justin off the hook, reservations AND babysitter...those are HUGE points in my book. The hair...don't worry about it, I think it looks adorable and I still find myself doing some of those looks. As long as you are happy with it...who cares! :)

Beckie said...

I love the hair -- honestly-- how do you do it? You alwys have (and had ) the cuttest hair!

That sucks that he forgot your birthday- -but sometimes is good for them to be in trouble-- so they remember who is in charge!

Mindy said...

I totally think you should do the recipe blog. It would be searching online for new recipes everyday!

Mindy said...

It would be better than searching online for new recipes...you know what I mean....

Woods: said...

Okay...1. I did not forget your birthday. I just forgot to get on here and comment. I promise. After all of our years knowing each other, your birthday has always stuck. I even think Isaac Simpson's is this month...wow, that's scary. Anyway...so Happy Belated Birthday! I promise I thought about you all day! I'm sorry it was a crazy and rough bday. Sounds like he tried to make up for it! :) 2. Plates in kitchen; Maybe "Our Family Eats Together" or "Justin, Chy, Cooper, Cade" or "Family, Fun, Friends, Food". I dunno. 3. The Monkey, "No more monkeys jumpin on the bed"? or something. 4. The superhero, "Saving the World one Day at a time..." I really don't know. 5. Your hair is darling. Don't be offended, be proud that you are so stylish. I'm so boring...same hair...every day! Lame! Yours is really cute and you look great!

Ashley said...

Oh man, sorry about the birthday thing. Nolan feels sympathy for Justin. We want to come out and see you guys. When is a good time? I MISS YOU. I wish I had some good sayings. I like Live Laugh Love for the plates, but don't know a fourth. The monkey and superman, I am not sure. Good luck, can't wait to see what you pick. I love your posts by the way.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! Glad it turned out well in the end. I have seen Love, Laugh, Live, Family something like that on plates before. But lets get real your the creative one not me. Also love your hair I looked at the picture before I read the post and thought I need to do that to my hair it is so cute! Also love the recipe blog I already posted it's nice to get new things to cook:). I'm with Mindy I am sick of searching on the internet for recipes they never turn out for me.

Laura Lou said...

Love the hair - it is way cute! You can pull it off. Now on me . . .nah, I'm way too old. Very, very cute on you though!!

Laura Lou said...

My vote for the plates are:
love, peace, hope, faith

Don't know about the monkey, but did you think about Super and Cooper rhyming?? Maybe something could be done with that?? :-)

Mindy Barker said...

Poor Justin. Hopefully he will never forget again. And HELLO, you look SUPER freakin' skinny. I can't see your whole body but your face is so thin. You look amazing. Great job girl. It's hard to lose weight. I think I gained 40 lbs on my mission and then I gained about 50 when I was pregnant so I know how hard it is to lose it. I'm so proud of you. You need to post some swim suit shots so we can see the rest of you. Okay, maybe not in your swim suit, but at least a full body shot. You should show yourself off.

Sidney said...

Hey Happy Birthday! That's a funny store now that you look back! Okay, no ideas for your vinals, but on the hair...before I read the post and just saw the picture I thought that is really cute! But I understand. I get it all the time that I look like a teenager or very young 20's, so if you don't want people to think you're super young, maybe don't do it when you are around the other mom's, but I say rock it! It looks really cute!

Janae said...

So..I wanted to wish you a late happy birthday!! Justin really dug himself out of the grave didn't he? Good man! I think your hair looks SOO cute and I want to know how you did that so I can do it to MINE! ;0) As for the vinyl's, Jason's sitting next to me and his suggestion for the monkey one is "don't squeeze the banana". How lame is that! Ha ha!

Hayley said...

Happy Belated Birthday Chy!!

NICKY PETERSON said...

OK ABOUT THE HAIR THING I THINK AS LONG AS YOU STAY AWAY FROM MANDY AND I'S IDEA OF GRRREAT HAIR IN THE EARYL 90'S YOU SHOULD BE OK!! AND I DID EVEN SEE SOME LADY WITH THE HAIR PLUS THE SOCK THE OTHER DAY!!!! I ABOUT PEED MY PANTS LAUGHING!!!