Today when I took Cooper to Preschool he went to put his backpack in his locker (Its really cool he goes to a co-op preschool and they get to use ALL the elementary facilities, they get the library for one day a week and this HUGE room full of awesome stuff just for preschoolers the other two days. They also get to use the gym once and a while and each preschooler has their very own locker out in the halls...cool huh!)Any way he turned around and said "mom I don't need you anymore I'm a big boy" .... uhhh I think my heart fell on the floor, then when I went to leave I said "I'm going Coop give me hugs" I just got a big moaning "MOMMM!" like stop embarrassing me. In a way I'm so excited to see him grow up, but not really he can stay little for a lot longer I would be ok with that. I know most of you have been here and understand but today I felt a little sad about my little man growing up...wow I'm not sure where he got his independent attitude from????...hummmm
Mom always said it would come back to bite me. DANG IT
Cooper at about 9 months

One smokin' hot little man!
Old IF Playgroup friends
Ali, Coop, Ady, Brookie

Ethan, Hunter, Coop
Attitude...nooo
Also a little shout out to my good friend Mindy Barker (Merrill) I got one of her fragrance units (its battery operated, I dig the no flame thing!) with the sent Fall Harvest...YUMMY! It is AWESOME it made our little house go from smelling like poo to YUMMY.. thanks Mindy Love ya! Checkout her "Welcome Home Aroma" blog http://www.welcomehomearoma.blogspot.com/
6 comments:
It does kind of break your heart when the kids get big enough to be embarrassed to hug or kiss you in front of friends. Just wait- there's a little girl that always BEGS Jaxon to give her "just a little kiss." We are in for a wild ride.
I have a Welcome Home Aroma unit too, but mine plugs in. I LOVE IT! I got the plug in so I could unplug it at night and make the fragrance last longer.
Wow cade, and cooper look so similar as babies. I am glad people have been welcoming so far. YOu know the girl with twins in our ward? She totally wants to move to Dayton soooo bad, so you may have another young couple there soon? She's a small town girl wanting to live in a small town. Anyways, sorry to hear the Cooper story, I don't want Thomas to get any bigger, or Grace, Freeze time please.
yes, its so very sad when the grow up. Jace(my baby) is now saying he's not my baby because he is a big boy, we can't even call him our little punkin anymore. Be glad that he was good to go though, its harder when they cry because they don't want you to leave. We had this issue with Kindergarten and that was a TOTAL heartbreaker. You've done well to raise and independent boy!
Thanks again for the shoutout on your blog. That's so funny/sad about what your little Coop said about not needing you. I hope that day doesn't come for a looooong time, but I'm sure it will. One day he'll regret saying it. Cute blog backgound!
Independent children, must come from Justin's side of the family!!:)
Hey your marathon is coming right up-- that is soo cool you are doing that! Good luck with it! Let me know how it goes! At least your kid isn't the one sobbing in the corner crying for his mom- you never want that one to be yours! Its easier that they want to be big!! Means you taught them good!! What a good mommy you are!
You have some super handsome boys! It is so wierd that we all have kids now... its seem like we just graduated!
Post a Comment