April 30, 2008

The Ranch:(

Well for those of you who grew up with me you have probably gone to "The Ranch" both of my grandparents have passed away now and so my parents had to sell it:(. The guy who bought it has subdivided it and is putting million dollar cabins on each parcel, it is right in front of the Tetons and has 200 acres. This is killing me, along with all of us grand kids and I'm sure the Porters-Lori & Nate because we grew up on the ranch. Tractor rides, 4-wheeling, motorcycles, playing in the creek, frog catching, fishing, the list goes on and on! On the bright side he did decided to name it the D Diamond Development which was my grandpa's brand (most ranches have a brand). so here is a picture of the NEW entrance to the ranch...SAD. I will miss you!

9 comments:

Mindy said...

Chy- I told Zairrick I would help him put up some vinyl names in his wrestling room at Bonneville, but the vinyl won't stick to the wall because it's too textured. I have heard there is some sort of paste you can put on the wall to help the vinyl stick- do you know anything about this? Thanks- Mindy

Chy said...

Well I don’t know of any glue to help it adhere, textured walls are just hard. I can only remember the wrestling room vaguely from dance competitions in high school, does it have a mirror? It would stick for sure to that. Sorry I’m not much help. Well you will have to tell Zarrick hi from us, does he have any kids yet? How’s your little family? Oh.. We are looking into getting a Honda Odyssey our Envoy has to many miles and we need to sell it, how do you like yours? I swore I would never drive a van, they are just so dang practical! Well you need to start a blog and join the blogging community!

Mindy said...

Bonneville got a new wrestling room- no mirrors. Zairrick's wife is due in about a month- they are having a little girl. I LOVE my van. I was so embarrassed to drive it at first, but I wouldn't have anything else now. Especially a Honda- It has every extra you can think of! I just barely found out about the whole blogging thing. I love to read everyone else's, but I'm a little freaked out about starting my own! It's like a journal anyone can read! Plus I'm a computer RETARD!

Chy said...

Yes everyone can read it but you don't have to post about the crap in your life, just the fun stuff! And I'm a spelling retard, so it's cool... come on Mindy everybodys doing it! JK. I also don't feel bad about not scrap booking every detail of my childrens lives- I'm bad at that. Good for Zarrick give him congrats for me.

Josh and Tiff Roundy said...

Hey Chy-
I saw your post about the ranch and it brought back so many memories of such fun times up there. I had so much fun every time that I went up there. I have a lot of memories of there so I am sure you have millions. How sad. I hope you guys made a killing off of that property because it looks like the next guy sure is going to. Thanks for all the compliments about my photo blog. That is so nice of you. It is slowing up a bit now but that is ok since i haven't been feeling well. Soon it should be over. Some days are good some not so good. But I think it is getting better. Hope all is well.
love ya!

Chy said...

Hey Tiff I feel for you! I hope you get feeling better soon. I'm scared to get pregnant away from family,throwing up everyday gets old real quick! I'm not getting pregnant until Cade is at least 2! Yeah we did have some fun times at the ranch! My parents did good on the ranch but that guy is making a killing!

Mindy said...

So i tried to creat a blog- the key word is tried! I need help! It's roudysgirl.blogspot

jon and lori said...

I can not believe it. I love that place. It looks so different. We had some good times there. I have not thought about that place for a long time. How the memories came flooding back!!!!!

Mindy said...

Thank you for the advice! I've got a couple more questions- How do i get my playlist on my blog? and how do i do video?